Nottingham-based collaborative organisation Hatch is now seeking submissions for Hatch: Twelve, a 12 hour marathon event (lasting from 11am to 11pm) at Embrace Arts in Leicester 14 October 2012. Hatch: Twelve will feature a performance of Third Angel and mala vaodora’s epic Story Map and new work from Nottingham-based live artist Annette Foster, but the organisers are also looking to select ten performances through an open submission process. Details:
- There is a fee of £250 for each selected artist or group to cover all expenses.
- The selected work could be from any ‘performance-y’ background, discipline or genre, but we especially like work that is hard to define, wears too many hats and does not exist behind a fourth wall.
- The call for submissions is open to everybody, but Hatch and Embrace Arts particularly welcome submissions from d/Deaf and disabled artists.
- Selected performances DO NOT have to last for the full 12-hour duration of the event (although they can do). They do not have to be durational at all (although they can be). However, all the selected performances will have to somehow engage with the nature of this event as something which lasts 12 hours and which the audience can dip in and out of. Performances can be durational, repeated, different iterations of a work shown throughout the day. Your work might want to respond to notions of twelve-ness, duration and time passing.
- We are looking for interesting ways of activating all areas of the building through performances that roam, performances that are adaptable to their surroundings, performances that do not need a traditional stage set up. We encourage work that is technically self-sufficient and easy to set up – some spaces at Embrace Arts have sound, lighting and projection facilities, but it’s important to note that not all selected performances will have access to these. Photographs of the various spaces within Embrace Arts are available on request (it’s also worth looking at photos from Hatch’s previous events there on our Flickr page)
If you're interested in applying e-mail email@example.com for an application form. The deadline for applications is noon on the 28 August 2012.